February 1, 2011

Croquembouche Part 2

Here are pictures of assembling the croquembouche tower. Louise already filled them with pastry cream. What nice friendship.

The pictures are exceptionally bad because I forgot my camera when we assembled it at Lou's. (These were taken with my cell cam. Cecilia may send more pictures.)

Placing them on the cake plate.

Louise's expert hands.

Getting taller.

It's not a perfect circle - amateurs, non?

The designated front...

...and after a turn, the designated back. Our tower needs a bum-lotomy. This actually makes me giggle. In the background are button sized cookies we'd planned to stick on the croquembouche as decorations but they did not look cute. Instant snacks!

This project was loads of fun! Time consuming and fiddly, yes, but still fun. Crossing my fingers
that Cecilia will come through with those other pictures. The finished dessert included a lot of spun sugar business!