April 1, 2011

Fridays are for Inspiration: The Kitchn

Introducing another one of my dailies: The Kitchn

One of the reasons I love The Kitchn (and all its sister websites) is that the contributions are beyond sharing recipes. The Kitchn is about the love of food, life in the heart of the home and meditations.

My measuring spoons have been separated for years now (not to worry, it was mutual and amicable) but I remember reading an article about this exact topic at The Kitchn shortly after having done so and feeling pleased at the discovery that there are others who function and think like me in the kitchen.

This article about freezing stock inspired me to make a habit of freezing soups, stocks and tomato sauces in muffin pans. I currently have 3 pucks of tomato sauce and 5 pucks of cauliflower soup. They come in handy for emergency lunches and evenings destined for major screen time. 

(No amount of shooting made for a decent picture of the inside of my freezer.)

And my latest favourite article is a Weekend Meditation In Defense of Laziness. It comforts me when/if I feel even slightly guilty for enjoying a Pyjama Sunday.

Thanks for the inspiration The Kitchn.