March 4, 2011

Fridays are for Inspiration: The Pioneer Woman

The Pioneer Woman is one of the blogs I enjoy daily as you can see from my Bookmarks Bar.

Her photos are beautiful, her humour shines through her writing and she seems thoroughly humble. PW also inspires me because she is the opposite of a food snob and appreciates almost all food like I do (bananas for her, licorice and ginger for me).

I initially visited her blog via Tastespotting when I saw a picture of her Bacon Appetizers and I was hooked. Obsessed with making her recipe, I bullied Jess into making them together (I couldn't find Club crackers in Vancouver - had to take advantage of being in the States) for a family BBQ. This is the actual 2008 picture taken in the also small Bronx kitchen.

 

From PW I've also learned 


Thanks for the inspiration PW!

PS You may notice that I enjoy all her content but have only ever made a comment when she’s doing a KitchenAid stand mixer giveaway. Says a lot about me, non? Creeper alert.

PPS She's also the reason I decided to share my full name online. Maybe one day I'll share my last name too. Still find it scary.